This website is aimed at business people, firms, and policy makers in Illinois, the U.S. and across the African continent. This project provides information on trade and business relations. The Africa business hospitality index presents a ranking of selected African countries with perceived hospitable business conditions, and the country profiles are provided to cover the different regions of the continent and to provide additional information on countries that rank well on the business hospitality index.
African businesses may want to learn about soybean-related international extension opportunities through the University of Illinois International Soybean Program (INTSOY).
Business Outreach Contents:
- Introduction to Business: U.S. - Africa Information to businesses in the United States and elsewhere that are interested in doing business in Africa
- Africa's Changing Export Patterns: Commodities and Products A Kenyan success story of horticultural exports
- Importing from and Exporting Goods to Africa Information on the major export and import items of 51 African countries
- Links to Trade Information by Region and Country Links to websites with information on trading with various African countries, trade regulations, restrictions, and guidelines
- Business News Links to local business news across the African continent
- Africa Business Hospitality Index Indexes of doing business, corruption perceptions, human development index
- Country Profiles Historical and socio-political background, economy, language, population, and others